Good corporate governance is critical for good business and it is the role
of management and executives to ensure that it is implemented and adhered to
throughout the company. But things are always changing with new legislation
and guidelines coming into play on a regular basis making it difficult to
remain up to date. To assist with ensuring a full understanding of the
topic, AstroTech is presenting a programme called "Corporate Governance".
The course will run in the Johannesburg area from 7-9 December 2011.
The course will cover key elements of corporate governance, and will include
among other things the following key topics:
* Corporate governance as per the King III Report
* Roles and responsibilities of directors and officers
* Board committees
* Strategic planning and implementation
* Risk management and change management
* Auditing and audit committees
* Compliance, ethics & sustainability reporting
* Governance requirements of the Public Finance Management Act and the
Municipal Finance Management Act
* The provisions of the Labour Relations Act regarding disciplinary action
in the workplace
* An overview of employment equity and BEE
* Preventing and combating fraud and corruption
* How managers get into trouble
* The major Corporate Governance requirements of the new Companies Act
For further information please contact Bronwyn on 011-582 3222 or reply to
this email. Alternatively to download the course brochure go to
To register online go to
AstroTech's accreditation number with the Services SETA is: 3852.
Companies making use of our training services can claim back the relevant
percentage of their Skills Development Levies in accordance with the Skills
Development Levies Act.
AstroTech is a level 1 certified contributor (135%) in terms of its Broad
Based Black Economic Empowerment scorecard rating.
To see what other courses we provide, visit our website at
http://www.KnowledgeDev24.co.za. Our 2011 Training Schedule is available for
viewing and downloading on our website at
Find us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AstroTechTraining.