When placing adverts on the internet you need to consider two factors. They need to be relevant and viral. This means that people will want to read them and pursue their links. It is important for you to include value in your ads such as customer advice or time-limited discounts in order for your recipients to want to pass this information onto others.
Blogs are informal communications between you, your customers, your employees and anyone else that might be interested. Blogs encourage word of mouth advertising for your products and services as well as personal relationships with your customers. Blogs represent an enormous opportunity to get close to your customers. It is important to be aware that selling aggressively will chase your customers away. If you establish relationships with your customers through this means, the sales will follow. It is also important to remember that you can ask your blog visitors for their thoughts on your products and services. Their feedback will prove to be invaluable and act as a guidance on how to design your product or service.
The purpose of blogs is the following:
Develop a community related to your products or services.
Make information available on your products or services, including advice on using them.
Provide an opportunity for customer feedback about your products or services.
Allow you to interact with your customers.
Create a buzz or a hype
What makes a successful blog:
• It has to be easy to find – The name that you give to a blog has to be descriptive and stimulating. It should be easy to remember.
• It has to be engaging – The graphic outlay should involve your customers but not be a distraction.
• Resist the urge to edit the contents – If all postings are consistently edited for contents, you run the risk of losing the spontaneity that is expected of blogs.
• It has to be updated often- Posting new material regularly is important otherwise the presence of your visitors will decrease.
• It has to be content rich – Your blog should have valuable advice, discuss topical issues and give content rich information on anything that will involve your visitors and make their visit worthwhile.