When working in a technical field or other area of specialty the focus is
very often around the technical specialty and not around issues of people
management. However in any business, people management is key and the sooner
you learn the skills the sooner you will be able to progress in your
organisation. Not only an expert in your area of specialty you'll also
become a capable manager and with those skills on hand, your career
possibilities are limitless. So if you or someone on your team would benefit
from management development, enrol on AstroTech's training course "Bridging
the Gap: From Technical Person to Manager". The course will run in
Johannesburg from 23-25 November 2011.
The course includes the following key topics:
* Hot tips for succeeding in your new role:
- Gaining credibility
- Gaining access to mentoring
- Using & understanding politics to your advantage
* Transition phase challenges
* Key critical managerial competencies such as:
- Decision making
- Meeting management
- Problem solving
* Overview of general and operations management including:
- Management reporting
- Business plans
- Interfacing with other departments
- Strategy & planning
* Managing the employee lifecycle through:
- Performance management
* Labour legislation essentials
* What makes people tick?
- What makes an effective team?
- How do you build an effective team?
- Motivating others
* Combining leadership with effective people management skills
* Handling challenging situations
* The art of letting go: Effective delegation
For further information please contact Bronwyn on 011-582 3222 or reply to
this email. Alternatively to download the course brochure go to
To register online go to
To white list our domain and continue to receive our emails in the future,
please follow this link: www.KnowledgeDev24.co.za/whitelistings/
AstroTech is a level 1 certified contributor (135%) in terms of its Broad
Based Black Economic Empowerment scorecard rating.
To see what other courses we provide, visit our website at
www.KnowledgeDev24.co.za. Our 2011 Training Schedule is available for
viewing and downloading on our website at
AstroTech's accreditation number with the Services SETA is: 3852.
Companies making use of our training services can claim back the relevant
percentage of their Skills Development Levies in accordance with the Skills
Development Levies Act.
This course has been accredited by Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA)
for 3 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Credits (Validation no.
Find us on facebook: www.facebook.com/AstroTechTraining